every person who draws • photographs • performs • sculpts • designs • writes • builds • sketches • paints • imaginescreates is an artist.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

30 Day Drawing Challenge - Day 6


Today's Prompt - Favourite Character from a Book, Not in a Movie




I chose to draw Screwtape, from CS Lewis' The Screwtape Letters. He's a senior devil in Hell who is mentoring a younger tempter. Screwtape is a highly experienced tempter who has a very strong understanding of human weakness.

This drawing was the first real challenge for me, for a number of reasons. 1. I had a think of a book character that I like. 2. I didn't have much reference for the character, because they couldn't be in a movie. The other thing that contributed to this being a really challenging drawing for me was that I was trying to study for an exam and had a limited amount of time.


These videos were produced months ago, but I'm finally getting around to posting them on here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment